Monday, December 18, 2017

The Nativity Story


    *Just as a heads up, this movie is one of my favorites, so I may rather "gush" about it "just a bit";)*

       The Nativity story is like one of THE BEST movies, guys. I love it very much. Unlike other Bible-based movies which seem very "American" and possibly even"cheesy", this one (to me) seems more legit and what it really would have been like at the birth of Christ. All the actors look Jewish or Middle-eastern and also have an adorable accent. 

Then there is Mary and Joseph... they are SOOO FREAKIN' CUTE together! 






Mary is portrayed very well by Keisha-Castle Hughes. She makes Mary come alive, and seem real and relatable. She was a girl just like any other, except that she was called on by God to carry the greatest gift ever given to mankind...Jesus. 


                 Like any girl she had friends and dreams for her future. 


But her future wasn't certain...no one's was. Especially Jews. She lived during the time that Herod ruled. Anyone could be killed or taken as a slave at any point. Mary could have very well ended up as a slave, or dead...but God had other plans...



She had questions, just like we do . 
   "Why is it me that God has asked? I am nothing."
But that is what God does. He takes people the world thinks are nothing, things people regard as worthless, and creates us into the most beautiful treasure that anyone could ever imagine. Even in all our dirt and filth, our struggles and uncertainty, He loves us. He uses the foolish things to show His ultimate power. We are the clay, He is the potter, we are all the work of His hands. 
And that is just the way it was with Mary. He used an earthen vessel, one many probably thought was nothing, and created in it the most beautiful treasure of all. Without Jesus we are nothing, but when He comes to live inside of us we are made into something priceless. 


And then...there is Joseph. Oscar Isaac does a very good job acting Joseph. He seems to actually "get it". Okay guys, I am going to rather "gush" a bit here, because oh. my. word! He is so stinkin' cute and kind and funny, (and the list could go on and on ;)). The line where he says, "They're going to miss us." and when he gives his share of the bread to the donkey so that it won't collapse on Mary, and when he saves her out of the water, and walks for miles and miles on bloodied feet...just ALL of it...AH!!!  #goals. ;) Just kidding!... but not really... Anyhew...moving on. But he really is a dear. And just look how tenderly he wraps up baby Jesus. Aww!






Here is the movie trailer, but I would really encourage y'all to watch the whole movie...(of course, you don't have to) but it really is good. :)


Here's the clip where Jesus is born...




And finally... here is a song by Tim McGraw that I recently found and really like. It actually brought me to tears for whatever reason...I don't know..maybe I'm just weird.... Anyhew, here it is and I hope y'all enjoy! 


What are some of your all's favorite Christmas movies?


8 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

    *screams forever* (not really)

    This movie is everything and this post is everything, gaaahhhh :'D

    Yes, yes, yes, YES! ALL the yes!

    Mary and Joseph are adorable and the scene where Jesus is born is amazing and I JUST CANNOT.

    I really need to rewatch this so I can write my review of it (finally decided I need to do that, and time's running out!). You did a fantastic job with yours -- I could hardly agree more. You know my feelings on it. ;D

    I don't know what else to say, really . . . I'll have to watch that last video sometime soon, though!

    Thanks for the great post and the chance to rave about this movie! :D :D

    ~ Olivia

    (P.S. AAAAGHH I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! Okay, I'm really leaving now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daww:), thanks Olivia! Aren't they though? :D The whole movie is just *hearts forever*.

      Delete
  2. Awww such a lovely review! I need to re-watch this movie again. Especially now that I realize that Oscar Isaac played Joseph lol!! I didn't even realize that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! (And I just realized after talking to a friend that Oscar Isaac is also on the Last Jedi, lol :D) Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. *waves* Hello!! I found your blog through Olivia's, and I want to welcome you to the blogging world!! :D *throws confetti*

    I just watched the Nativity Story for the first time this year and LOVED it. (Whoops, which also reminds me I need to tell Olivia that because she's one of the first people who recommended it to me...:D)

    Lovely review! (I totally agree about Joseph. ;D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, cool! And thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it. ;) Thank you for reading!

      Delete